Why should we hire TimeStories?
- Love – We love what we do and believe strongly in the value our work brings now and holds for the future. See our story.
- Our Experience – Over 20 years of television production taught us how to get it as close to perfect the first time. The owner has received 5 Emmy Awards to date and brings the same level of expert dedication to every project.
- Top Quality – You project will be given the same quality treatment as the shows on tv. Our owner has spent 20 years designing, producing and editing award-winning shows. Your project will be flawless.
- Attention To Detail – We know what to ask. We also know what makes a good story. We find the right imagery, music and pacing. Every cut, dissolve, or effect is timed perfectly to match the sentiment expressed. The music is supportive. Every image provided gets included in the piece. Our broadcast-quality products are of the highest production standards available.
- Visually Rich – We go the extra mile to locate the right imagery and music to enhance your story (if selected). Our various archival sources provide relevant material for your project. Our graphic enhancements set the industry standard.
- Engaging – We are renowned for our ability to create a thoroughly emotional, informative and entertaining motion picture around every subject we work with. Even the simplest story gets the royal treatment.
How do your services work?
- It starts with your contacting us – then an arranged phone call. What are you interested in? Are we right for each other? Can anyone else serve you better? Our no-obligation call is free.
- Next we schedule a meeting with our founder to go over materials evaluation. (Photos, films, memorabilia, subjects, locations,etc.)
- We then provide an itemized budget range for your approval.
- With biographies, we provide a presentable “certificate” if the service is a gift for parents or grandparents.
- A meeting is scheduled to meet with the subject(s) to discuss what happens at the recording session. (If location allows)
- Date & location are set for recorded interview.
- Interview(s). From a single interviewer to a full production crew – only who’s needed.
- Production. This is where we work our magic. Editing, image research & preparation, music, graphics.
- Client review.
- Return materials.
- Mastering, delivery and/or presentation.
What is the turnaround time?
We can record as soon as you are ready. (Don’t wait! Time doesn’t.) Final treatment takes longer. Anywhere from two weeks to three months from recording to final delivery. Shorter schedules can be arranged upon request.
What is your pricing?
- We are an owner operation. No rented offices or full-time staff. We work at our home-based studio, and hire additional talent only if your project requires it. From one to as many as required.
- Biographies, our specialty services, come in four pricing levels. Contact us for the pricing guide. Prices range from $250 for simple interviews to $15,000 for a top-tier, multi-person, 2 hour+ feature-length biography. Typical prices run $2000 ~ $6000.
- Kidographies are our most affordable offering and come with two levels of production. ($2200 & $3400) The longer has more questions and goes into more depth.
- Tributes, Corporate Heritage Movies & Narrative Story Albums are all priced by client specifics. We’ll gladly provide a budget range after consultation.
How is your pricing determined?
- Budget defines depth and depth defines budget. Final pricing is determined by three conditions – 1) length of recorded interview, 2) material preparation and, 3) enhancements (photo preparation, image research, music scoring, film transfers, etc.). Extra costs might be customized graphics, added books, extra DVD copies, and final event presentation. All up front – no hidden costs.
- After consult, we will provide an itemized budget range illustrating all options allowing you to select only what you need and want. As simple or complex as you’d like. You can add / subtract elements from any of our offerings.
- All of our services have the level of production used on national television shows at less than 10% of traditional costs. Low overhead and powerful technology is the secret. To date, our projects have ranged from $250 – $25000. No unnecessary crews, no facility rental costs, no full-time staff – just the right amount - and right type – of people on your project.
Do I come to you or do you come to me?
- Our initial meeting can be at any location – worldwide. It’s usually where the visual materials are kept. The actual recording is typically done on your premises or location of choice.
- For the interviews, we suggest an environment that is quiet (low background noise), controllable (lighting), and comfortable (your home, a friend’s home, vacation home, facility or a location shoot – indoors or out).
Why not make it myself?
If you know how, have the time, plus good equipment, you should. It’s a marvelous experience. However, we here have made all the mistakes already and pass on our knowledge to your production. Besides, we will get it done, on time, and you won’t miss the opportunity before it passes.
When is a good time to start?
Yesterday. Timing is critical to saving any story. Let us get it “in the can”, as the film industry calls it. Then at least you we have the footage. After that, the appropriate level of refinement can be determined and budgeted. Even if you’re not ready just yet, get the story recorded and decide later. This is especially true with biographies. Many clients wait until it’s too late and then lose the story of their heritage.
How are the final products presented?
Let us handle the details of delivery and surprise. Our premium final DVD comes in a luxuriously appointed leather box with photographs. We can also present at your home theater, neighborhood theatre, community center, or place of business if desired. Locally, we are also able to provide a projected screen with full audio. Nationally, we coordinate with nearby audio/visual rental houses. We’ve presented at the NY Museum of Natural History, the Newark Museum, NYC rooftops, large outdoor festivities, and countless country clubs and private events.